Event Store is a rapidly expanding Open Source Software Database company with offices across the world, embarking on an exciting growth journey to revolutionize how modern distributed systems are built.
The users of Event Store products and services are software architects, senior developers, and operators who build, maintain and operate world-class software applications. These users require a high performing database to leverage for their applications. As an Engineer in support, you will provide them with assistance in using and tuning Event Store, diagnose and troubleshoot problems, and be a representative of the support team to them.
The location for this role is to be based in the USA (central standard time), Canada, Mexico or South America.
- Researching, diagnosing, troubleshooting and identifying solutions to resolve system issues involving distributed databases
- Be able to handle issues of a high level of technicality around databases internals and networking
- Taking ownership of customer issues reported and seeing problems through to resolution
- Following standard procedures for proper escalation of unresolved issues to the appropriate internal teams
- Providing feedback to product teams
- Prioritize and manage several open issues at one time
- Document technical knowledge in the form of notes and manuals.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot technical issues
- Excellent understanding of computer systems
- Excellent problem-solving and communication skills
- Ability to provide step-by-step technical help, both written and verbal
- Good operational knowledge of Linux and/or Windows
- A background in .NET Framework would be beneficial
- Knowledge of Event Store and Event Sourcing would be beneficial but not essential