Event Store is a rapidly expanding Open Source Software Database company, embarking on an exciting growth journey to revolutionize how modern distributed systems are built.
Event Store products and services users are software architects, senior developers, and operators who build, maintain, and operate world-class software applications. These users require a high-performing database to leverage for their applications.
The Database Software Engineer in Support role
As an Database Software Engineer in Support, you will need to work on improving the database and provide customers with assistance in using and tuning Event Store, diagnose and troubleshoot problems, and be a representative of the support team to them.
The location for this role is to be based in Mauritius.
- Researching, diagnosing, troubleshooting, and identifying solutions to resolve system issues involving distributed databases
- Provide bug fixes and improvements to the database
- Be able to handle issues of a high level of technicality around databases internals and networking
- Taking ownership of customer issues reported and seeing problems through to resolution
- Following standard procedures for proper escalation of unresolved issues to the appropriate internal teams
- Providing feedback to product teams
- Prioritize and manage several open issues at one time
- Document technical knowledge in the form of notes and manuals
- 2 years of software development experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot technical issues
- Excellent understanding of computer systems
- Excellent problem-solving and communication skills
- Ability to provide step-by-step technical help, both written and verbal
- Good operational knowledge of Linux and/or Windows
- A background in .NET Framework would be beneficial
- Knowledge of Event Store and Event Sourcing would be beneficial but not essential