Event Store is a rapidly expanding Open Source Software Database company with staff across the world, embarking on an exciting growth journey to revolutionise how modern distributed systems are built.
As an Engineer in Support you are entering an apprentice program which will allow you to prove your ability to join a world class database and cloud software company. This is both a user facing and internal development role. You need to be able to communicate effectively with both external users and internal members of the technical staff - cloud, client, UI and database engineering.
You will need to work on improving the database and cloud environments, provide customers with assistance in resolving issues they encounter with the database, tools or working within the cloud. You will need to be able to diagnose and troubleshoot problems, debug code, recommend fixes - code and usage, review code and recommended solutions, test new tools, guide customers through correction to their problem(s), work directly with core engineering teams and be a representative of the company.
Location: We're 100% remote and looking to hire in Costa Rica.
- Researching, diagnosing, troubleshooting and identifying solutions to resolve system issues involving distributed databases, cloud implementations, networking, system configurations and tool usage
- Provide code fixes that are fully tested and debugged for either the database, tools or cloud software
- Be able to handle issues of a high level of technicality around databases internals and networking
- Taking ownership of customer issues reported and seeing problems through to resolution
- Following standard procedures for proper escalation of unresolved issues to the appropriate internal teams
- Providing feedback to product teams
- Prioritise and manage several open issues at one time
- Document technical knowledge in the form of notes and manuals.
- Technical degree - bachelor’s or masters
- Software development experience - C# a plus
- Exposure to distributed database technology a plus
- . Net 5 or greater experience a nice to have
- Knowledge of EDA and Event Sourcing really nice to have
- Networking knowledge is good to have
- Know how to diagnose and troubleshoot technical issues - problem solving at a hardware, network and code level
- Ability to write up technical documentation - cookbook steps to technical solutions
- Solid written and verbal skills
Interested in applying?
Please email your CV to email@example.com along with your answers to the following questions:
- Can you describe one of the most complex problems that you have solved in the last year and how you solved the problem? [500 word limit]
- There is an issue between a client and server over a secure connection. What will you do to find the root cause of the issue? [300 word limit ]
- A customer has reported an issue with EventStoreDB that you cannot reproduce. However, there is an error being thrown. How will you find the root cause of the issue? [300 word limit]