Event Store is a rapidly expanding Open Source Software Database company with staff across the world, embarking on an exciting growth journey to revolutionise how modern distributed systems are built.
The users of Event Store products and services are software architects, senior developers, and operators who strive to build and maintain world-class software applications. Event Store is poised to become a leading database technology for modern distributed applications and these architects, developers, and operators require a high performing database to leverage for their applications.
As a Software Engineering Manager, you will be responsible for managing a team of software engineers who develop the core database product, and collaborating with other departments.
This role reports directly to the VP of Engineering and is primarily a managerial role, but will still involve deep technical expertise.
Location: We're 100% remote and looking to hire in the UK, US, Netherlands or Mauritius.
Tech Stack: C#, .NET, Git, Github actions, Linear, Slack
- Lead and mentor a team of software engineers, providing guidance, support, and technical expertise
- Set clear career objectives and expectations for the team, and monitor their progress
- Foster a collaborative and innovative work environment, encouraging knowledge sharing and professional development
- Promote and facilitate cross functional / team collaboration
- Write and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable C# code
- Help maintain code quality, organisation, and automation
- Support and promote process to ensure proper testing and maintain quality
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to understand their database requirements and provide technical solutions
- Plan and execute database projects, including the implementation of new features, bug fixes, and capacity planning
- Ensure projects are delivered on time, within budget, and meet the organisation's quality standards
- Stay up-to-date with industry standards and regulations related to database security and compliance
- Conduct regular audits and vulnerability assessments to identify and address potential security risks
- Collaborate with stakeholders, including developers, system administrators, and business users, to understand their needs and provide efficient database solutions
- Communicate information related to the team, such as project updates, and issues to relevant stakeholders and senior management
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field
- Proven experience (5 years) in software development, with at least 3 years of managing a team of engineers
- Proficiency in database design, implementation, performance tuning, and troubleshooting
- Familiarity with database security and compliance standards (e.g., GDPR, HIPAA)
- Excellent leadership and team management skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Effective communication and collaboration skills
- Experience with delivering high performance and/or mission critical systems to production through multiple releases
- Deep expertise in C# and .NET
- General training on cybersecurity
All about you
The ideal candidate for this position:
- Loves creating innovative solutions to problems in a collaborative fun environment
- Proven track record of managing sophisticated engineering teams
- Has advanced knowledge and understanding of modern software and platform engineering concepts and methodologies
- Is passionate about software quality and comfortable in a fluid environment
- Shows initiative and demonstrate a willingness to take on challenging opportunities
- Possesses excellent communication (verbal and written) and strong collaboration skills
- Must be driven, highly motivated and a strong team-player, but able to work independently in a high trust environment to do the right things
- Is eager to mentor team members and grow the skills of the next generation of software engineers