Event Store is a rapidly expanding Open Source Software Database company with staff across the world, embarking on an exciting growth journey to revolutionise how modern distributed systems are built.
The users of Event Store products and services are software architects, senior developers, and operators who build, maintain and operate world-class software applications. These users require a high performing database to leverage for their applications.
Your primary task will be to design and implement user interfaces for maximum usability and performance in web applications. If you have a creative mind, top-notch technical skills, a strong sense of user interface design and an extreme eye for detail, this is the perfect position for you.
Location: We're 100% remote, but it is preferable to be based in UK, Netherlands or Mauritius
Tech Stack: StencilJS, Web components, postCSS, Jest, Puppeteer
Languages: Typescript, CSS, HTML, SVG
- Work with a small team to design and implement web-based front-end applications
- Contribute to the Design System components, libraries, and tools used across our various applications
- Work with the UX team, product management and other platform engineering teams to help create and evaluate new product ideas and technical designs
- Perform code reviews across a variety of projects
- Ensure software operates ideally across a range of programs and platforms and various mobile operating systems.
- Write visual-regression, unit and integration tests to ensure system stability
- Solve any design or usability issues that arise and anticipate potential future problems so they can be resolved before they impact users
- 5+ years professional experience in User Interface development
- Translating user experience design (mockups, wireframes and user journeys) into code
- Strong CSS skills, working with modern concepts such as grid, flexbox, css variables
- Has worked with modern JS frameworks and single page apps
- Deep understanding of web standards & technologies to create semantic, accessible HTML/CSS & WAI ARIA
- Thrive in an environment that requires you to partner with multiple cross-functional teams as stakeholders/customers
- Strong knowledge in writing Automated Test Suites using frameworks like Jest, Puppeteer
- Great oral and written communication skills
Nice to have, but not required
- Has built and maintained Design Systems
- Knowledge of web-components and related technologies (custom elements, shadowDOM)
- Has worked with StencilJS
- Experience writing developer tooling
Why work here?
- Work with a remote first team spread across the globe
- An open source environment
- Build the tools for developers that you would want to use
All about youThe ideal candidate for this position:
- Loves creating innovative solutions to problems in a collaborative fun environment
- Has advanced knowledge and understanding of modern software and platform engineering concepts and methodologies
- Is passionate about software quality and comfortable in a fluid environment
- Shows initiative and demonstrate a willingness to take on challenging opportunities
possesses excellent communication (verbal and written) and strong collaboration skills
- Must be driven, highly motivated and a strong team-player, but able to work independently in a high trust environment to do the right things
Find out more or apply
Download the job description for this vacancy by clicking the link below.
Interested in applying for this vacancy? Send us your CV using the button below: