We are pleased to announce the official release of EventStoreDB 20.10.4 for the following operating systems:
- Ubuntu 16.04
- Ubuntu 18.04
- Ubuntu 20.04
- CentOS 7 (Commercial version)
- Amazon Linux 2 (Commercial version)
- Oracle Linux 7 (Commercial version)
Where Can I Get the Packages?
Downloads are available on our website.
The packages can be installed using the following instructions.
Ubuntu 16.04/18.04/20.04 (via packagecloud)
curl -s https://packagecloud.io/install/repositories/EventStore/EventStore-OSS/script.deb.sh | sudo bash sudo apt-get install eventstore-oss=20.10.4
Windows (via Chocolatey)
choco install eventstore-oss -version 20.10.4
To upgrade a cluster from 20.10.x, a usual rolling upgrade can be done:
- Pick a node (Start with follower nodes first, then choose the leader last)
- Stop the node, upgrade it and start it
If you are upgrading a cluster from version 5.x and below, please read the upgrade procedure in the 20.6.0 release notes. https://eventstore.com/blog/event-store-20.6.0-release/
20.10.4 is a patch release for the 20.10 LTS version, which will be supported until the release of 22.10. We recommend upgrading to this version if you are running version 20.10 or earlier. Check out our release schedule for more information, and for help on deciding on when you should upgrade.
This is a patch release, which contains bug fixes and small improvements from the recent 21.6.0 release.
Check the changelog to see all fixes and changes in this release.
Configurable Log Config Path
A configuration option to set the path of the log configuration file (logconfig.json) has been added.
This can be set using the LogConfig option.
Allow Configuring Kestrel Settings
The kestrelSettings.json file has been added to allow configuring Kestrel independently of Event Store. While the defaults are usually sufficient, there are some larger workloads that can benefit from tweaking these settings.
You can read about these settings in the documentation.
- Improve lookup of the first non-expired events in a long stream with maxage ( EventStore#3046)
- Aborted http requests are no longer logged in the authentication middleware ( EventStore#3044)
Thank you to the community members who made contributions to this server release!
- StevenBlair123: Prevent scavenged events from being passed to Projections (EventStore#2947)
- StuartFergusonVme: Handle truncated streams when reading events for projections (EventStore#2956)
If you encounter any issues, please don’t hesitate to open an issue on GitHub if there isn’t one already.