Version Date: May 13, 2021Download/Print this document
Thank you for choosing to be part of our community at Event Store Ltd (“Company”, “we”, “us”, or “our”). We are committed to protecting your personal information and your right to privacy. If you have any questions or concerns about our policy, or our practices with regards to your personal information, please use our contact form.
Table of contents
- What information do we collect?
- How do we use your information?
- Will your information be shared with anyone?
- Who will your information be shared with?
- Is your information transferred internationally?
- How long do we keep your information?
- How do we keep your information safe?
- Do we collect information from minors?
- What are your privacy rights?
- Controls for do-not-track features
- Do California residents have specific privacy rights?
- Do we make updates to this policy?
- How can you contact us about this policy?
1. What information do we collect?
Personal information you disclose to us
In Short: We collect personal information that you provide to us such as name, address, contact information, passwords and security data, and payment information.
We collect personal information that you voluntarily provide to us when expressing an interest in obtaining information about us or our products and services, when participating in activities on the Services or otherwise contacting us.
The personal information that we collect depends on the context of your interactions with us and the Services, the choices you make and the products and features you use. The personal information we collect can include the following:
- Publicly Available Personal Information. We collect first name, maiden name, last name, nickname, business email, business phone number, and other similar data.
- Personal Information Provided by You. We collect data collected from surveys, and other similar data.
- Credentials. We collect passwords, password hints, and similar security information used for authentication and account access.
All personal information that you provide to us must be true, complete and accurate, and you must notify us of any changes to such personal information.
Information automatically collected
In Short: Some information – such as IP address and/or browser and device characteristics – is collected automatically when you visit our Services.
We automatically collect certain information when you visit, use or navigate the Services. This information does not reveal your specific identity (like your name or contact information) but may include device and usage information, such as your IP address, browser and device characteristics, operating system, language preferences, referring URLs, device name, country, location, information about how and when you use our Services and other technical information. This information is primarily needed to maintain the security and operation of our Services, and for our internal analytics and reporting purposes.
Like many businesses, we also collect information through cookies and similar technologies.
Online Identifiers. We collect devices, applications, tools and protocols, such as IP (Internet Protocol) addresses, cookie identifiers, or others such as the ones used for analytics and marketing, device’s geolocation, and other similar data.
2. How do we use your information?
In Short: We process your information for purposes based on legitimate business interests, the fulfilment of our contract with you, compliance with our legal obligations, and/or your consent.
We use personal information collected via our Services for a variety of business purposes described below. We process your personal information for these purposes in reliance on our legitimate business interests, in order to enter into or perform a contract with you, with your consent, and/or for compliance with our legal obligations. We indicate the specific processing grounds we rely on next to each purpose listed below.
We use the information we collect or receive:
- To send you marketing and promotional communications. We and/or our third party marketing partners may use the personal information you send to us for our marketing purposes, if this is in accordance with your marketing preferences. You can opt-out of our marketing emails at any time (see the “What are your privacy rights?” below).
- To send administrative information to you. We may use your personal information to send you product, service and new feature information and/or information about changes to our terms, conditions, and policies.
- Deliver targeted advertising to you. We may use your information to develop and display content and advertising (and work with third parties who do so) tailored to your interests and/or location and to measure its effectiveness.
- Request Feedback. We may use your information to request feedback and to contact you about your use of our Services.
- To manage user accounts. We may use your information for the purposes of managing our account and keeping it in working order.
- To deliver services to the user. We may use your information to provide you with the requested service.
- To respond to user inquiries/offer support to users. We may use your information to respond to your inquiries and solve any potential issues you might have with the use of our Services.
- For other Business Purposes. We may use your information for other Business Purposes, such as data analysis, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and to evaluate and improve our Services, products, marketing and your experience. We may use and store this information in aggregated and anonymized form so that it is not associated with individual end users and does not include personal information. We will not use identifiable personal information without your consent.
3. Will your information be shared with anyone?
In Short: We only share information with your consent, to comply with laws, to provide you with services, to protect your rights, or to fulfill business obligations.
We may process or share data based on the following legal basis:
- Consent: We may process your data if you have given us specific consent to use your personal information in a specific purpose.
- Legitimate Interests: We may process your data when it is reasonably necessary to achieve our legitimate business interests.
- Performance of a Contract: Where we have entered into a contract with you, we may process your personal information to fulfill the terms of our contract.
- Legal Obligations: We may disclose your information where we are legally required to do so in order to comply with applicable law, governmental requests, a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena (including in response to public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements).
- Vital Interests: We may disclose your information where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding potential violations of our policies, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person and illegal activities, or as evidence in litigation in which we are involved.
More specifically, we may need to process your data or share your personal information in the following situations:
- Vendors, Consultants and Other Third-Party Service Providers: We may share your data with third party vendors, service providers, contractors or agents who perform services for us or on our behalf and require access to such information to do that work. Examples include: payment processing, data analysis, email delivery, hosting services, customer service and marketing efforts. We may allow selected third parties to use tracking technology on the Services, which will enable them to collect data about how you interact with the Services over time. This information may be used to, among other things, analyze and track data, determine the popularity of certain content and better understand online activity. Unless described in this Policy, we do not share, sell, rent or trade any of your information with third parties for their promotional purposes. We have contracts in place with our data processors. This means that they cannot do anything with your personal information unless we have instructed them to do it. They will not share your personal information with any organization apart from us. They will hold it securely and retain it for the period we instruct.
- Business Transfers: We may share or transfer your information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company.
4. Who will your information be shared with?
In Short: We only share information with the following third parties.
We only share and disclose your information with the following third parties. We have categorized each party so that you may easily understand the purpose of our data collection and processing practices. If we have processed your data based on your consent and you wish to revoke your consent, please contact us.
- Advertising, Direct Marketing, Lead Generation, Communicate and Chat with Users
- We use a CRM (Customer Relationship Management) tool called Hubspot to store the details of people who contact us through the website and other channels.
- We also use Hubspot CRM to deliver emails to customers and people who subscribe to our communications. All emails sent include an unsubscribe link so that it is easy to opt-out of future communications if you wish to do so.
- Functionality and Infrastructure Optimization
- Hubspot CMS
- We use a website tool called Hubspot CMS to build and deploy our website pages through AWS
- Hubspot CMS
- Social Media Sharing and Advertising
- We include buttons on various pages on the website so that you can share them with your connections on LinkedIn. We also use the LinkedIn Insight Tag to track website users who come from our LinkedIn posts and to deliver LinkedIn ads to our website users to share relevant content based on how you use our website.
- We include buttons on various pages on the website so that you can share them with your followers on Twitter. We also use the Twitter Universal Website Tag to track website users who come from our Twitter posts and to deliver Twitter ads to our website users to share relevant content based on how you use our website.
- We include buttons on various pages on the website so that you can share them with your followers on Facebook. We also use the Facebook Pixel to track website users who come from our Facebook posts and to deliver Facebook ads to our website users to share relevant content based on how you use our website.
- Web and Mobile Analytics
- Google Analytics
- We use a reporting and analytics tool called Google Analytics to understand how people are using our website to allow us to make improvements to the website and the content on it.
- Google Tag Manager
- We use a tag management tool called Google Tag Manager to load tags and scripts on relevant pages of our website to people who have not opted out of cookies.
- Google Analytics
We use a first-party cookie to capture your cookie preferences - if you choose to opt-out of cookies, a single essential cookie will be set to remember your preference and to prevent the cookie warning from loading on every visit.
The third-party cookies we use are listed below.
|Arlo||TimeZoneID||Used to store timezone||1 year|
|Arlo||__stripe_mid||Used by Stripe for fraud prevention||14 months|
|Arlo||ls-region||Used to store region selection.||1 year|
|Auth0||__cfduid||Used by Cloudflare to detect malicious bot activity||1 month|
|Auth0||_csrf||Used by Auth0 to help mitigate CSRF attacks||10 days|
|Auth0||auth0||Used to implement the Auth0 Session Layer||3 days|
|Auth0||auth0_compat||Fallback cookie for Single Sign On on browsers that don’t support the
|Auth0||did||Device identification for the purposes of Attack Protection||1 year|
|Auth0||did_compat||Fallback cookie for Anomaly Detection on browsers that don’t support the
|Bing||_uetsid||Used to registers data on visitors from multiple visits and on multiple websites from Bing search advertising. This information is used to measure the efficiency of advertisement on websites & to ensure that clicks from adverts are verified for reporting purposes and for personalisation||1 day|
|Bing||ANONCHK||Used to store session ID for a users session to ensure that clicks from adverts on the Bing search engine are verified for reporting purposes and for personalisation||10 minutes|
|Bing||MUID||Used to store anonymous Microsoft user ID. Used by Bing to allow synchronising of the ID across Microsoft domains & to ensure that clicks from adverts on the Bing search engine are verified for reporting purposes and for personalisation||4 weeks|
|Bing||MUIDB||Used to registers data on visitors from multiple visits and on multiple websites from Bing search advertising. This information is used to measure the efficiency of advertisement on websites & to ensure that clicks from adverts are verified for reporting purposes and for personalisation||1 year|
|Discourse||_t||User authentication token cookie.||2 months|
|Discourse||sso_destination_url||Used during SSO login to redirect to the requested page||Session|
|Discourse||destination_url||Used during login to redirect to the requested page||Session|
|Used by Facebook to deliver, measure and improve the relevancy of their advertising and to deliver a series of advertisement products on Facebook||3 Months|
|Used by Facebook to deliver, measure and improve the relevancy of their advertising and to deliver a series of advertisement products on Facebook||2 years|
|fr||Contains browser and user unique ID combinaton, used for targeted advertising.||3 Months|
|These cookies are used to deliver ads more relevant to you and your interests.||2 years|
|_ga||Used by Google Analytics to distinguish users.||2 years|
|_gat_UA-46209892-15||Used by Google Analytics to throttle request rate||1 minute|
|_gid||Used by Google Analytics to distinguish users.||24 hours|
|_uetvid||These cookies are used to deliver ads more relevant to you and your interests.||17 days|
|Used to store information about how you use the website and any advertising that you may have seen before visiting this website, in addition to being used to help customise advertising on Google properties by remembering your most recent searches, your previous interactions with an advertiser's ads or search results and your visits to an advertisers website.||3 months|
|CONSENT||Used to store Google Network advertising preferences for use in targeted advertising.||2 years|
|Used for security purposes to store digitally signed and encrypted records of a user's Google account ID and most recent sign-in time which allows Google to authenticate users, prevent fraudulent use of login credentials, and protect user data from unauthorised parties. This can also be used for targeting purposes to show relevant & personalised ad content||2 years|
|These cookies are used to deliver ads more relevant to you and your interests.||2 months|
|NID||Used to store preferences in a unique Google ID to remember your information, such as your preferred language (e.g. English), how many search results you wish to have shown per page (e.g. 10 or 20), and whether or not you wish to have Google's SafeSearch filter turned on. These preferences can be used for optimised &/or personalised advertising on Google networks.||6 months|
|OGPC||This cookie enables the functionality of Google Maps.||1 month|
|OTZ||This cookie is used by Google Analytics that provides an aggregate analysis of Website visitors||1 month|
|SEARCH_SAMESITE||Allows servers to mitigate the risk of CSRF and information leakage attacks by asserting that a particular cookie should only be sent with requests initiated from the same registrable domain.||5 Months 2 Days|
|Hubspot||__cfruid||This cookie is set by HubSpot's CDN provider because of their rate limiting policies.||Session|
|Hubspot||__hs_do_not_track||Used to track status of cookie preferences||1 year|
|Hubspot||__hs_opt_out||Used to track status of cookie preferences||1 year|
|Hubspot||__hssc||This cookie keeps track of sessions.||30 minutes|
|Hubspot||__hssrc||Whenever HubSpot changes the session cookie, this cookie is also set to determine if the visitor has restarted their browser. If this cookie does not exist when HubSpot manages cookies, it is considered a new session.||Session|
|Hubspot||hs_ab_test||This cookie is used to consistently serve visitors the same version of an A/B test page they've seen before.||Session|
|Hubspot||hubspotutk||This cookie keeps track of a visitor's identity. It is passed to HubSpot on form submission and used when deduplicating contacts.||13 months|
|Hubspot||messagesUtk||This is the cookie used for the chatflows tool. If you're a visitor, this allows you to chat with a representative on the site.||13 months|
|_guid||Used to identify a LinkedIn Member for advertising through Google Ads||90 days|
|AnalyticsSyncHistory||Used to store information about the time a sync with the lms_analytics cookie took place for users in the Designated Countries||30 days|
|bcookie||Browser Identifier cookie to uniquely identify devices accessing LinkedIn to detect abuse on the platform||2 years|
|lang||Used to remember a user's language setting||Session|
|li_mc||Used as a temporary cache to avoid database lookups for member's consent for use of non-essential cookies and used for having consent information on the client side to enforce consent on the client side||2 years|
|liap||Used by non-www.domains to denote the logged in status of a member||1 year|
|lidc||Used for routing from LinkedIn Share buttons & advertising services||24 hours|
|lms_ads||Used to identify LinkedIn Members off LinkedIn in the Designated Countries for advertising||30 days|
|lms_analytics||Used to identify LinkedIn Members in the Designated Countries for analytics||30 days|
|UserMatchHistory||LinkedIn Ads ID syncing||30 days|
|These cookies enable us to track visitor activity from our Twitter ads on our website, and also to allow users to share content from our websites. The cookies do not provide us with any confidential information relating to your account.||2 years|
|ct0||These cookies enable us to track visitor activity from our Twitter ads on our website, and also to allow users to share content from our websites. The cookies do not provide us with any confidential information relating to your account.||Persistent|
|guest_id||This cookie is set due to Twitter integration and sharing capabilities for the social media||2 years|
|kdt||This cookie is generally provided by Twitter to monitor referral links and login status. They are usually present when there is a "Tweet This" button or other Twitter widget present on the site.||2 years|
|mbox||This allows us to track visitor activity from our twitter ads and for users to share content on twitter||2 weeks|
|muc||This cookie is set due to Twitter integration and sharing capabilities for the social media||Persistent|
6. Is your information transferred internationally?
In Short: We may transfer, store, and process your information in countries other than your own.
The data that we collect from you will be stored in the European Economic Area (EEA), but may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the EEA, with and by third parties. Data may also be processed by third parties and/or staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our third party partners. Data will only be transferred outside of the EEA to an ‘adequate’ country or to organizations who demonstrate by contract that they implement controls for protection of data at least equivalent to those required by the GDPR.
7. How long do we keep your information?
8. How do we keep your information safe?
In Short: We aim to protect your personal information through a system of organizational and technical security measures.
We have implemented appropriate technical and organizational security measures designed to protect the security of any personal information we process. However, please also remember that we cannot guarantee that the internet itself is 100% secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, transmission of personal information to and from our Services is at your own risk. You should only access the services within a secure environment.
9. Do we collect information from minors?
In Short: We do not knowingly collect data from or market to children under 18 years of age.
We do not knowingly solicit data from or market to children under 18 years of age. By using the Services, you represent that you are at least 18 or that you are the parent or guardian of such a minor and consent to such minor dependent’s use of the Services. If we learn that personal information from users less than 18 years of age has been collected, we will deactivate the account and take reasonable measures to promptly delete such data from our records. If you become aware of any data we have collected from children under age 18, please use our contact form.
10. What are your privacy rights?
In Short: In some regions, such as the European Economic Area, you have rights that allow you greater access to and control over your personal information. You may review, change, or terminate your account at any time.
In some regions (like the European Economic Area), you have certain rights under applicable data protection laws. These may include the right (i) to request access and obtain a copy of your personal information, (ii) to request rectification or erasure; (iii) to restrict the processing of your personal information; and (iv) if applicable, to data portability. In certain circumstances, you may also have the right to object to the processing of your personal information. To make such a request, please use the contact details provided below. We will consider and act upon any request in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
If we are relying on your consent to process your personal information, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. Please note however that this will not affect the lawfulness of the processing before its withdrawal.
If you are resident in the European Economic Area and you believe we are unlawfully processing your personal information, you also have the right to complain to your local data protection supervisory authority. You can find their contact details on the European Commission website.
Cookies and similar technologies:
Most Web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove cookies and to reject cookies. If you choose to remove cookies or reject cookies, this could affect certain features or services of our Services. To opt-out of interest-based advertising by advertisers on our Services change your cookie preferences.
11. Controls for do-not-track features
12. Do California residents have specific privacy rights?
In Short: Yes, if you are a resident of California, you are granted specific rights regarding access to your personal information.
California Civil Code Section 1798.83, also known as the “Shine The Light” law, permits our users who are California residents to request and obtain from us, once a year and free of charge, information about categories of personal information (if any) we disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes and the names and addresses of all third parties with which we shared personal information in the immediately preceding calendar year. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please submit your request in writing to us using the contact information provided below.
If you are under 18 years of age, reside in California, and have a registered account with the Services, you have the right to request removal of unwanted data that you publicly post on the Services. To request removal of such data, please contact us using the contact information provided below, and include the email address associated with your account and a statement that you reside in California. We will make sure the data is not publicly displayed on the Services, but please be aware that the data may not be completely or comprehensively removed from our systems.
13. Do we make updates to this policy?
In Short: Yes, we will update this policy as necessary to stay compliant with relevant laws.
14. How can you contact us about this policy?
If you have questions or comments about this policy, please use our contact form or contact us by post at:
Event Store Ltd
3 Corsham Science Park,