22.10.1 Release Notes
We are pleased to announce the official patch release of EventStoreDB OSS & Commercial version 22.10.1 LTS.
This is a patch to the 22.10 LTS release, which will be supported until October 2024.
Read more about our versioning strategy here.
The complete changelog can be found here. If you need help planning your upgrade or want to discuss support, please contact us here.
EventStoreDB 22.10.1 is available for the following operating systems:
- Ubuntu 18.04
- Ubuntu 20.04
- Ubuntu 22.04 (Preview)
- CentOS 7 (Commercial version)
- Amazon Linux 2 (Commercial version)
- Oracle Linux 7 (Commercial version)
Should I upgrade?
22.10.1 is a patch to the 22.10 LTS version which will be supported for 2 years until version 24.10.0 is released in October 2024.
If you are already running 22.10.0, then we recommend that you upgrade to 22.10.1, especially if you use Persistent Subscriptions or Filtered All Stream Subscriptions, as it contains fixes for this version.
If you are on 21.10.x and wondering if you should upgrade, then check the feature highlights to see what’s new in 22.10.1 vs 21.10.0. If you are not wanting to upgrade for any of those features, then ensure that you are on the latest version of 21.10 to get the latest fixes and patches.
To upgrade a cluster from 21.10.x or 22.10.0, a usual rolling upgrade can be done:
- Pick a node (start with the follower nodes first, then choose the leader last).
- Stop the node, upgrade it and start it.
Where Can I Get the Packages?
Downloads are available on our website.
The packages can also be installed using the following instructions.
Ubuntu 18.04/20.04 (via packagecloud)
curl -s https://packagecloud.io/install/repositories/EventStore/EventStore-OSS/script.deb.sh | sudo bash sudo apt-get install eventstore-oss=22.10.1
Ubuntu 22.04 Preview (via packagecloud)
curl -s https://packagecloud.io/install/repositories/EventStore/EventStore-OSS/script.deb.sh | sudo bash
sudo apt-get install eventstore-oss=22.10.1~preview1
Windows (via Chocolatey)
choco install eventstore-oss -version 22.10.1
Docker (via docker hub)
docker pull eventstore/eventstore:22.10.1-focal docker pull eventstore/eventstore:22.10.1-bullseye-slim
Fixes and improvements for this release
- Database checkpoints no longer become inconsistent when running out of disk space
- Slow persistent subscription consumers no longer slow down other subscribers
- Improvements to Scavenge HTTP API and add ScavengeId to log context
- Checkpoints in filtered all subscriptions now continue to update after the subscription is live
- Cancel reads already in the reader queues when the gRPC call is cancelled
- Added more information to SLOW QUEUE MSG log entries for reads and writes
For more detailed information about these fixes and others in this release, please check the Changelog.
Documentation and previous releases notes
Documentation for EventStoreDB can be found here.
Previous release notes can be found here.
If you encounter any issues, please don’t hesitate to open an issue on GitHub if there isn’t one already.
Additionally, there is a fairly active discuss channel, and an #eventstore channel on the DDD-CQRS-ES community.
If you have any questions that aren't covered in these release notes or the docs, please feel free to reach out.