Event Store 4.1.4 is out! It is available for the following operating systems:
- Ubuntu 18.04
- Ubuntu 16.04
- Ubuntu 14.04 (EOL reached)
- CentOS 7 (Commercial version)
- Amazon Linux AMI (Commercial version)
Following the release of version 5.0.2 this week, we have now released a minor update to version 4 which contains a few bug fixes backported from 5.0.2.
Some of the bug fixes are critical and we strongly recommend our users to upgrade to this version as soon as possible.
Please note that Ubuntu 14.04 (Trusty Tahr) has reached its end-of-life and thus we will stop releasing packages for it as from the next version.
Where can I get the packages?
Downloads are available on our website.
The packages can be installed using the following instructions.
Ubuntu 14.04/16.04/18.04 (via packagecloud)
curl -s https://packagecloud.io/install/repositories/EventStore/EventStore-OSS/script.deb.sh | sudo bash sudo apt-get install eventstore-oss=4.1.4-1
Windows (via Chocolatey)
choco install eventstore-oss -version 4.1.4
dotnet add package EventStore.Client --version 4.1.4
dotnet add package EventStore.Client.Embedded --version 4.1.4
To upgrade a cluster, a usual rolling upgrade can be done:
- Pick a node (Start with slave nodes first, then choose the master last)
- Stop the node, upgrade it and start it
Event Store 4.1.4 Changelog
Important Bug Fixes
- #1930 - (Core Database) Fix UnbufferedFileStream.SetLength() bug
This is a critical bug that affects versions 4.1.0 to 4.1.3 and 5.0.0 to 5.0.1. It applies only if running EventStore with the
Unbufferedconfiguration option set to
True. This option is set to
Falseby default. The following fatal error will be thrown when completing a chunk file and most of the data in the chunk file being completed will be lost:
EXCEPTION OCCURRED System.NotSupportedException: Unable to expand length of this stream beyond its capacity. at System.IO.UnmanagedMemoryStream.Write(Byte buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count) at EventStore.Core.TransactionLog.Chunks.TFChunk.TFChunk.WriteRawData(WriterWorkItem workItem, Byte buf, Int32 len) in TFChunk.cs
- #1936 - (Client) Client subscription partition tolerance
This fix improves the stability of catch-up subscriptions during reconnections
- #1932 - (Web UI) Prevent browser from invoking Basic Auth login dialog on Chrome
- #1933 - (Client) Enable logging of errors when attempting to discover nodes via DNS or gossip seeds
How do I provide feedback?
We appreciate any feedback via either GitHub Issues or forum.