Shaan Nobee | 20 February 2020
EventStoreDB 5.0.6 is out!
This release contains some important bug fixes related to TCP connections for both the server and the .NET client. The fixes bring an overall improvement to the stability of subscriptions.
It is available for the following operating systems:
- Ubuntu 18.04
- Ubuntu 16.04
- CentOS 7 (Commercial version)
- Amazon Linux AMI (Commercial version)
- Amazon Linux 2 AMI (Commercial version)
- Oracle Linux 7 (Commercial version)
- multiple improvements to TCP connections
- a long-standing bug has been fixed in persistent subscriptions which would cause them to appear to hang and stop delivering events
- an integer overflow bug has been fixed in projection checkpoints
- a bug has been fixed in the .NET TCP and Embedded clients where Commit and Prepare positions were swapped
Please consult the Changelog for more details.
Where can I get the packages?
Downloads are available on our [website]/downloads/).
The packages can be installed using the following instructions.
Ubuntu 16.04/18.04 (via packagecloud)
curl -s https://packagecloud.io/install/repositories/EventStore/EventStore-OSS/script.deb.sh | sudo bash sudo apt-get install eventstore-oss=5.0.6-1
Windows (via Chocolatey)
choco install eventstore-oss -version 5.0.6
dotnet add package EventStore.Client --version 5.0.6
dotnet add package EventStore.Client.Embedded --version 5.0.6
To upgrade a cluster, a usual rolling upgrade can be done:
- Pick a node (Start with slave nodes first, then choose the master last)
- Stop the node, upgrade it and start it
Event Store 5.0.6 Changelog
- #2230 - (Projections) Fix stream position overflow bug in checkpoint tag
- #2193 - (Client) Fix Position constructor in client operations
- #2214 - (Core) Fix race condition in TCP connections which allows messages to be dispatched after connection closed
- #2255 - (Core) Fix socket leak in TCP connections
- #2062 - (Core) Pass in correct socket close timeout in seconds instead of milliseconds
How do I provide feedback?
We appreciate any feedback via either GitHub Issues or forum.