Event Store is a rapidly expanding Open Source Software Database company with offices across the world, embarking on an exciting growth journey to revolutionize how modern distributed systems are built.
The users of Event Store products and services are software architects, senior developers, and operators who strive to build and maintain world-class software applications. Event Store is poised to become a leading database technology for modern distributed applications and these architects, developers, and operators require a high performing database to leverage for their applications.
We are looking for a strong Head Of Community who will help us define and plan ways for us to grow our customer Champions program, define community metrics and collaborate closely with other stakeholders on our team. You will report into the Developer Advocacy team and work closely with the Marketing team.
The location for this role is remote. Salary dependent on experience.
- Define EventStore’s new Champion Program
- Nurture the community team and culture inside the Company
- Create, nurture and increase engagement in the technical community, open source community and Champion Program, respond to comments and queries in a timely and professional manner
- Gauging customers and users’ views of a brand by using listening tools that monitor feedback and engagement in the different channels used (Github, forum, Stack Overflow, Discord, social media)
- Developing social media and communication campaigns that align with the company’s advocacy and marketing strategies
- Working closely together with Marketing, Public Relations and Communications Specialists to ensure brand consistency
- Liaising with product development, sales and marketing departments to stay updated regarding a company’s products and services
- Staying up to date with digital technology trends
- You've helped create and nurture a vibrant tech community for at least 2 years and are ready for a new challenge
- You’ve defined the objectives and metrics to understand users community, segmentation and growth
- You’ve worked well cross functionally with stakeholders ranging from Developer Advocacy, Engineering and Marketing
- You love connecting people and helping others
- You’re a great communicator, particularly to very technical people
- You’ve organised events, including small dinners and meetups and inspire others to want to come together
- Excellent organisational skills
- A working understanding of business operations and processes
- A willingness to remain up-to-date regarding the latest industry developments
- Solid computer skills, including knowledge of relevant software programs and tools, such as analytics tools
- Solid knowledge of social media platforms and social media management tools
- You understand and embrace event sourcing and event-driven architecture